At Silver Glades we aim to make our Park and facilities as accessible as we can. We warmly welcome all guests, regardless of difference and or disability. If you have any particular requirements, we are happy to discuss them with you and find solutions where we can.
As Silver Glades is a family-owned and run Park, we are able to offer a personal approach to dealing with any special requirements you may have. However, as we are a comparatively small Park, we may not be able to meet everyone’s requirements but we usually know of other sites that may be able to help.
Our formal Access Statement is set out below for information but we are always willing to do what we can to help; please feel free to contact us if there’s anything you would like to discuss.
Our aim is to ensure that we make our guests feel welcome and provide them with a positive experience, in line with our literature and promotional material. As Silver Glades is family-run and since we live on site, we can offer a personal, friendly and responsive service, designed to make holidays here as stress-free as possible. To this end, we do all we can to accommodate guests with additional or special needs.
* Silver Glades Caravan Park is a peaceful site with ten static caravans for hire which are situated in 3.5 acres of garden/woodland.
* The website is comprehensive and very easy to use.
* An excerpt from the website, together with tariff and booking form, can be sent to guests who do not find the Internet easy to use or who do not have it.
* We can be contacted by telephone, email or letter and respond to enquiries using these methods. For environmental reasons, we are increasingly trying to send fewer letters but will always acknowledge by post, if requested to do so.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
* On arrival, guests are asked to park, make their way to Reception and ring the bell for attention.
* Guests can be met and registered in the car park if this service is requested at the time of booking.
* To promote safety and security, cars are not permitted beyond the car park.
* Caravans close to the car park are available for guests with mobility difficulties
* Caravan No 1 has parking with additional width directly adjacent to it.
* No caravan is more than 95 metres from the car park (approx).
* Carts for luggage are provided.
* Broad concrete footpaths connect the car park to our reception, laundry, recycling and summer house areas and also lead to all caravans.
* The Reception building is a short, level walk from the car park.
* It doubles as an information centre so guests may browse through/take tourist information when they arrive.
* There are also seats, books and reference materials available in Reception.
* Every caravan has at least one entrance with a handrail.
* Wide, concrete strips outside the caravans make access easier.
* Each caravan has a picnic table with benches and two lighter, free-standing chairs for guests who cannot manage the benches.
* Caravans with walk-in showers can be requested.
* Caravans with ovens at high level can be requested.
* Buggy batteries may be recharged at the caravans.
* Park signage is at low level.
* The large, ‘garden area’ of the park is essentially flat with a concrete path network leading to utility areas.
* The laundry room has a washing machine, tumble dryer, spin dryer and ironing facilities. Guests are welcome to ask for help if they find the facilities difficult to use.
* If possible, guests are encouraged to dry washing on the lines outside.
* There is a small charge for laundry which can be paid at the end of the visit, by arrangement.
* There is a readily accessible waste disposal and recycling facility at the front of the laundry block.
* This can be accessed en route to the car park
* Nearby seating is available for parents/carers who wish to supervise/watch under-12’s.
* Outdoor table tennis is available. This is just inside the wooded area and is accessed by a rougher, gravelled path
* Outdoor games – rounders, cricket, short tennis and football – and activity equipment is provided free of charge. Seating is available around the park so that parents/carers may watch their children outside
* This is a place where children of all ages can read and relax, play quietly or watch wildlife.
* It is accessed via the concrete path network and has double doors for ease of access.
* The site grounds are level.
* Key paths are broad and concreted. Woodland walk paths are predominantly gravelled.
* The nearest land line telephone is at the owners’ bungalow
* (Assistance) dogs are welcome in specific caravans. Advance notification required please.
* The nearest bus stop is at the top of Hamstead Road (unadopted!) This is half a mile from the site.
* If Silver Glades is unable to offer the level of accessibility you require, there are other caravan sites nearby which may be able to meet your requirements. Please ask for details.